The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by Gregg »

One U.S. cable TV network has a show called "Food: Fact or Fiction?" which purports to debunk culinary myths. They once had a segment about chicken tika masala which, they claimed, is not Indian at all but rather a British invention.
I am sitting here, considering that my idea of exotic food is meatloaf with ketchup instead of brown gravy, and wondering how something with chicken could be an authentic Indian dish. Aren't they largely vegetarians?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by exiledscouser »

This post could just as easily sit under Neelu but on balance it demonstrates the unstoppable power of the Common Law Court when it goes up against the Executive. Neelu produces, in full the judgement of the court in the extradition case of Citizen David Noakes.

Old Noakes seems to have lost his marbles somewhat, having fallen hook, line and sinker for the Edward William Ellis version of the law, also that of the Common Law Court.

Noakes had his day in court last Thursday and whilst he did pop in briefly, he didn't stay as he was of the belief that the court had already decided against him;
The RP (Requested Person) made submissions and left court saying he did not want to stay
to be involved proceedings because the court did not have any power to hear the case. He said he knew what the court's decision would be and would appeal. I told him the case would continue in his absence. He
left.
That will have endeared him. The judgement sets out the next steps.
At the final hearing the RP did not identify himself when he was asked
his name and date of birth, responding that he was a common man and
had a common law birth certificate. However, I was advised that
identity had not been an issue at the initial hearing on 17th April 2017.
So that did him no good either. And so to business. The (European Arrest) warrant set out the offences allegedly committed in France, they carried a maximum penalty of ten years apiece and included the splendidly named offence of "Swindle". The facts were reported as follows;
EUROJUST was involved with several investigatory bodies throughout
Europe. The RP's production sites were dismantled in the UK and he
reinstalled them in France and other European countries.

The RP directed the network in charge of manufacturing, packaging
and selling the non-authorised products around the world. He also
relied on several companies registered in the Netherlands.

The financial investigation revealed the flow of money between the
companies and persons in France. The packaging site and
manufacturing laboratory was set up in France following the
dismantling of sites in Great Britain.
So it was farewell Blighty, off to France and business as usual.
The RP personally delivered the products from the Cherbourg Maupertuis airport aboard his private
aircraft.

Someone's doing all right for himself! Continues...
The RP employed several accomplices in Guernsey to manage the orders and financial flows. The daily running of the business on French territory was managed by the RP’s partner, Lynda Thyer, in whose
home was found accounting documents in respect of the manufacturing and sales activities in her home during a search.

During an operation in Cherbourg on 20th February 2017 a number of items were seized, including, amongst other things, cash, a hidden laboratory and stock which was ready to be shipped, with an estimated sales value of 3,150,000 Euros.
Blimey, secret hidden labs? A sack full of cash and over 3m Euros of stock?
In the past 18 months more than 5,400 packages had been sold from France' The products were declared at customs as cosmetics valued at 15 Euros and were generally sold for a 450 Euros for a 02 ml bottle andeach package contained several vials.
Hardly the saintly figure Neelu and others would have us believe. This was one profitable scam preying on the vulnerable desperate to try anything.

So, after more legal waffle came the judgement; get your passport and toothbrush Mr. Noakes, you're off to France!

But
But
But;

The prosecutor (and anyone vaguely connected to the extradition process) has been convicted by the CLC!
Mr Gaudaud's...........conviction by the common law court is not relevant as it is a
court not known to this one.
Oh dear.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Gregg wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 pm
One U.S. cable TV network has a show called "Food: Fact or Fiction?" which purports to debunk culinary myths. They once had a segment about chicken tika masala which, they claimed, is not Indian at all but rather a British invention.
I am sitting here, considering that my idea of exotic food is meatloaf with ketchup instead of brown gravy, and wondering how something with chicken could be an authentic Indian dish. Aren't they largely vegetarians?
Indian Muslims are not vegetarians (but do not eat pork).
I am told that about half of Indian Hindus are vegetarian; the other half eat chicken and lamb but not beef. The "Food: Fact or Fiction?" show claimed that chicken tika is a genuine Indian dish, but that folks in the UK added a tomato-based sauce to the basic Indian recipe to create chicken tika masala.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
longdog

Post by longdog »

Yeah CTM is indeed a British dish. Some say our national dish.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

"Blimey, secret hidden labs? A sack full of cash and over 3m Euros of stock? "

I believe that in addition to his pending dix ans de prison en France woes he's also looking at a criminal proceeds order well into six figures.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving, parasitical, morally bankrupt waste of allegedly human DNA.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Gregg wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:01 pm
There are four main religions in India, Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and Christian with a huge number of smaller religious groups such as the Zoroastrians. Only the Hindus are vegetarian. A lot of North American Indian cuisine is based on the Indian Muslim and Sikh cultures. I don't think that most of the chicken dishes you get in Indian restaurants are authentic Indian but are modifications of existing authentic dishes where chicken is substituted for lamb or added to a vegetarian recipe because of chicken's popularity in the west. For example the Indian restaurant down the street where my wife and I go has a whole range of lamb dishes, vindaloo, korma, tikka masala, which are also offered with chicken. However tandoori chicken is authentic, it was thought up in the Punjab in the 1940's. Perhaps the most popular Indian menu item globally is butter chicken. This is also an authentic indian dish having been thought up in the Punjab in the 1950's.

Authenticity is really questionable on a lot of Indian cuisine because of cross-culture appropriation. For example one of my favorites is lamb vindaloo, very popular in the Goan region of India where a lot of our friends come from. However this is really a modification of a Portuguese recipe brought over to india when the Portuguese ruled Goa. Chicken tikka masala is thought to have been created in Britain by a Bangladeshi cook.

As Observer said my wife, being Indian (an ex-colonial), is an excellent Indian cook but it's so much work we generally just eat out when we're in the mood for something spicy.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 pm I am told that about half of Indian Hindus are vegetarian; the other half eat chicken and lamb but not beef. The "Food: Fact or Fiction?" show claimed that chicken tika is a genuine Indian dish, but that folks in the UK added a tomato-based sauce to the basic Indian recipe to create chicken tika masala.
None of the sub-continent religions are strict vegetarian, but some have local and/or ritual practices which are vegetarian. In general, Hindu's don't eat beef (which is why my mum always used to laugh at Vesta Beef Curry), Muslim's don't eat pork and Sikhs and Jains tend towards lacto-vegetarian diets but it isn't mandatory. With Bhuddists it does depend on what teacher is followed. My ex is a bhuddist, but she was a vegetarian before becoming one and a Sikh friend of mine is ultra-vegetarian except on a Friday night.

Luckily, my ancestors are from the relatively small Catholic tradition, so thanks to Vatican II (or V2: The Reckoning as we like to call it :wink: ) I can have any kind of curry I damn well like!

Chicken Tikka is chicken cooked in a tandoor and it basically grilled chicken with spices, so yes Chicken Tikka Masala is British (both Glasgow and Birmingham fight over who invented it), although there are parts of the sub-continent with similar dishes (butter chicken is probably the nearest). Most British curry houses are Bangladeshi run, but cook curries from all over the place.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

The still grind on, flogging the dead horse of the Common Law Court irrespective of it's 100% failure rate in the real world. This is in connection with one of John Smith's own cases, where he has some sort of beef against a pension company. It's been dragging on since 2016 with Liens, notices etc etc. Modest by current standards, he's only hoping for £20K.
Case details ... https://www.commonlawcourt.com/clc_case ... l-hallett/
Today's update sees their "enforcement" team in action ...
On the 31st October 2019 the CLC Peace Service attended Carey Pensions UK office to serve a court order on Coral Harris (nee Hallett).

Despite being informed that Coral was in the building by a male employee, Christine Hallett, the CEO for the company and Coral’s mother came down to reception and refused to accept the paperwork, she also stated that Coral was eight months pregnant and in hospital.

While the officer’s in attendance have the authority to enforce decisions from the Common Law Court, they decided to act lawfully and leave the premises, rather than causing a scene.

To highlight further the behaviour of Christine Hallett, she has defied a Common Law Court order and has intervened with the service of this order. By trying to subvert the enforcement process of the CLC Peace Service, she has committed a criminal offence against them and the people, by her obstruction of justice and criminal harassment, for which she will be held accountable if this matter is not resolved.

The court order mentioned has now been served by Royal Mail, Recorded Delivery and signed for, Coral has seven days to comply with this order.
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:46 pm The still grind on, flogging the dead horse of the Common Law Court irrespective of it's 100% failure rate in the real world. This is in connection with one of John Smith's own cases, where he has some sort of beef against a pension company. It's been dragging on since 2016 with Liens, notices etc etc. Modest by current standards, he's only hoping for £20K.
On the 31st October 2019 the CLC Peace Service attended Carey Pensions UK office to serve a court order on Coral Harris (nee Hallett).

Despite being informed that Coral was in the building by a male employee, Christine Hallett, the CEO for the company and Coral’s mother came down to reception and refused to accept the paperwork, she also stated that Coral was eight months pregnant and in hospital.

While the officer’s in attendance have the authority to enforce decisions from the Common Law Court, they decided to act lawfully and leave the premises, rather than causing a scene.

To highlight further the behaviour of Christine Hallett, she has defied a Common Law Court order and has intervened with the service of this order. By trying to subvert the enforcement process of the CLC Peace Service, she has committed a criminal offence against them and the people, by her obstruction of justice and criminal harassment, for which she will be held accountable if this matter is not resolved.

The court order mentioned has now been served by Royal Mail, Recorded Delivery and signed for, Coral has seven days to comply with this order.
That sounds like criminally actionable harassment and threatening behaviour to me and if he's trying to get twenty grand you can add attempting to obtain money by deception / with menaces / both and whatever conspiracy charges a second year laws student could think up on their tea-break. If the "court order" claims to be a court order there's uttering a false instrument as well.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

HHJ Smith's Court clearly has a rather relaxed view of what constitutes evidence. The 'Statement of Claim' produced in this case certainly takes a minimalist approach.

https://www.commonlawcourt.com/wp-conte ... Signed.pdf

Which is a bit annoying, because I would dearly like to know what it was that Carey Pensions did to bring the whole majesty of the pretend law down upon them.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

aesmith wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:46 pm The still grind on, flogging the dead horse of the Common Law Court irrespective of it's 100% failure rate in the real world. This is in connection with one of John Smith's own cases, where he has some sort of beef against a pension company. It's been dragging on since 2016 with Liens, notices etc etc. Modest by current standards, he's only hoping for £20K.

One wonders if it was possibly the several big burley security guards lingering in the background that encouraged them to quietly and "lawfully" depart? One does wonder.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:19 am
Dr. Caligari wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 pm I am told that about half of Indian Hindus are vegetarian; the other half eat chicken and lamb but not beef. The "Food: Fact or Fiction?" show claimed that chicken tika is a genuine Indian dish, but that folks in the UK added a tomato-based sauce to the basic Indian recipe to create chicken tika masala.
None of the sub-continent religions are strict vegetarian, but some have local and/or ritual practices which are vegetarian. In general, Hindu's don't eat beef (which is why my mum always used to laugh at Vesta Beef Curry), Muslim's don't eat pork and Sikhs and Jains tend towards lacto-vegetarian diets but it isn't mandatory. With Bhuddists it does depend on what teacher is followed. My ex is a bhuddist, but she was a vegetarian before becoming one and a Sikh friend of mine is ultra-vegetarian except on a Friday night.

Luckily, my ancestors are from the relatively small Catholic tradition, so thanks to Vatican II (or V2: The Reckoning as we like to call it :wink: ) I can have any kind of curry I damn well like!

Chicken Tikka is chicken cooked in a tandoor and it basically grilled chicken with spices, so yes Chicken Tikka Masala is British (both Glasgow and Birmingham fight over who invented it), although there are parts of the sub-continent with similar dishes (butter chicken is probably the nearest). Most British curry houses are Bangladeshi run, but cook curries from all over the place.
*waves in Catholic*
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm HHJ Smith's Court clearly has a rather relaxed view of what constitutes evidence. The 'Statement of Claim' produced in this case certainly takes a minimalist approach.

Which is a bit annoying, because I would dearly like to know what it was that Carey Pensions did to bring the whole majesty of the pretend law down upon them.
Hmmm... A process conducted between two parties where one says "I want some free money" and the other one says "Piss off!"

Clearly a meeting of the minds that would hold up as a valid contract in any court of law.... Where you get to decide your own cases because you own and run the play-court yourself.
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

So a couple of what I'm imagining to be heavily tattooed chavs roll up to the pensions office in ”Common Law” epaulettes, produce a sheet with some psuedo-legal rubbish on, claim to be part of the ”Peace Service” or try to impersonate plod, are asked for ID or a number, have none and are told to F right off, following which His Worship Smith posts an angry rant on the interweb.

:beatinghorse:
TBL

Post by TBL »

John Uskglass wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm HHJ Smith's Court clearly has a rather relaxed view of what constitutes evidence. The 'Statement of Claim' produced in this case certainly takes a minimalist approach.

I agree entirely. No specified facts at all. But I guess unsubstantiated bold claims are the Common Law Farce's bread-and-butter.
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

TBL wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm

I agree entirely. No specified facts at all. But I guess unsubstantiated bold claims are the Common Law Farce's bread-and-butter.
Will someone please explain to the CLC that we don't have public notaries over here?

When copying American legal woo-woo to use as the basis for British legal woo-woo, it is important to remove American-specific woo-woo first. I wouldn't go to Finland (see my username) and set up a Finnish Common Law Court (Suomen Tapaoikeuden Oikeus) because Finland uses civil law. But what do a group of idiots who believe Da Joooooos are going to eat their babies know?
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm pretty sure they have appointed their own common law public notaries who can take care of all of their own notarising of publics.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:36 pm
Britain's national dish, chicken tika masala.
Wikipedia leaves the origin in question, noting a few UK origin stories, but noted that a food critic in The Hindu attributed it to Punjab, India. All the origin stories seem to be in 1971....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

longdog wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:38 pm I'm pretty sure they have appointed their own common law public notaries who can take care of all of their own notarising of publics.
Don't they use the old stamp in the corner scribble on the side to self notarize? It is either that, or they probably argue having anyone sign as witness os good enough, as long as they have sworn an oath under some outdated, ancient or make believe law. Essentially a common law public notary is anyone they say it is, or even themselves.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NYGman wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:39 pm It is either that, or they probably argue having anyone sign as witness os good enough, as long as they have sworn an oath under some outdated, ancient or make believe law.
They probably use the same legal principle as the PLD lot use for their oaths whereby if you can't find a witness to witness your signature you can p.p. it as witnessed by a witness to the signature who wasn't there to witness it in person :mrgreen: