The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

As far as I know, this is the highest authority on victim surcharges so far from the Ontario Superior Court: R. v. Tinker http://canlii.ca/t/gh4k7

Frankly, the analysis in that case is poor and I wouldn't be surprised to see the case get kick up further to the Court of Appeal. The victim surcharge remains controversial and eventually some appellate guidance will be needed. I wouldn't be surprised if this went all the way to the SCC.

I much prefer the reasoning in R. v. Michael: http://canlii.ca/t/g88ds

I could rant about the victim surcharge for pages and pages, but there is a whole political angle to it and I know that politics are verboten on here. I will simply say that judges are intelligent enough to craft proportional sentences on their own. They don't need the government to tell them how to do their job.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: The Nanaimo Three - Political Prisoners in Canada

Post by Baidn »

alexticule wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:42 am I think Mowe if you spend a little bit of time paying attention to what is happening around you instead of spending all of your time trolling people on forums you might actually learn something. I didn't really mind that you were all delusional, but it is becoming more and more pathetic. Twisting everything around to fit your delusional views. First of all driving drunk is a breach of the peace. Obviously your safety is harmed. My sanity is harmed right now trying to reason with all of you. Second is that obviously strapping yourself with dynamites is not a sane thing to do and there is probable cause. Do you even know what no harm means? Oh no.. a bit too busy watching the mainstream news saying how great we Canadians are eh? They are harming you in so many ways and there you are doing cheer leading. If you were a true patriot you would care about others and not pretending to care by saying the dumbest shit. Or could it be that you are doing this on purpose and I actually though you were a concerned citizen. Or is that really how you are? If that is really how you are then I am sorry for losing control. The solution would be to clear the misunderstandings because I am sure we would all want to understand why we believe certain things and none of us seek conflict. It quite sad that you don't even know what a court of Inherent Jurisdiction is and still pursue on talking smack about it. It is a court of PUBLIC RECORD and everyone is liable for their own words and actions. I am not being the Judge of anyone. I convened the court under protest and duress. I did not consent to their corporate court services. Please make me a list of questions and I will answer it to the best of my knowledge. I am not saying that you are wrong on everything. I don't use your words and twist it against you so please don't do it on me. Ask me questions. You are the one that mentioned to not use assumptions, but holy shit do you use a lot. I still am willing to help. I am not paid for this so please make it worth my time. I will say it once again.. Peace Officers are really about keeping the peace. The others might have took a different approach, but that doesn't mean that I think like them. Maybe that is why people like you love to go to war and murder innocent people. You all label them and see them the same.
Veeeeery late to the party but this particular case has been so amusing I can't help but offer my thanks for seeing it posted. This is perhaps the highest grade of butthurt I have ever seen from an individual suffering from a combination of little man syndrome and crippling Dunning Krueger effect. It's actually an almost text book example when it comes to the latter of how some sufferers when faced with factual information will lash out violently as if they had been physically attacked rather than incorporate the new information. Truly a warning to us all when it comes to attempting to engage and educate the fallen.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.