Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by Chaos »

let's face it, thompson would have paid the scammer if he had money
letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by letissier14 »

aesmith wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:27 pm Presumably this scam only works with people who have a guilty conscience about their tax affairs.
Or those that are single parents suffering from depression and low self esteem. Just a thought.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Maybe. But they'd need to have immediate access to funds for the scammer, either by a decent credit limit or decent bank balance.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I've never understood why anybody would make any payment to anybody if they hadn't initiated the transaction in the first place.

I never buy or sign up for anything from door to door salesmen, telephone sales, unsolicited mail, chuggers or anything else. Any legitimate demand for payment will be made by post or pre-agreed email. Everybody else I assume is a scammer until proven otherwise.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Most people have very little real contact with either their state of federal authorities beyond paying their traffic/parking fines and taxes/license fees and have no idea about how things like arrest warrants and things like that work, unless they are possibly addicted to police dramas and the like, and even then probably not so much. In the US they often pretend to be our IRS. People get taken by that one all the time.

The whole idea is to hit someone out of the blue with something staggering and then while they are in shock, and before they can really think about, go after their wallets.

It also helps that they seem to choose people the least likely to be sophisticated enough to even really think about it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

New year, new mission for Ken of the family Shitferbrains.

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Love the euphemism "had problems with the legal system". Should read "been found guilty of a criminal offence".

I see what the moron is getting at. Yes, Community Payback is unpaid work but it is usually in lieu of or supplementing what would have been a bigger fine. It also counts as time out of the 35 hours per week you are meant to be job searching when claiming Universal Credit. I guess he'd rather people had their benefits attached.

And there are rules. Strict rules. To be considered a project must meet the following criteria:

* It must benefit the local community
* It must not take paid work away from others
* No individual may make a profit from the work
* It must be challenging and demanding
* It must be worthwhile and constructive
* Offenders must be putting something back into the community

And here's the killer punchline - the offender HAS TO CONSENT to the order. They can always refuse and go to jail.

I blame the education system!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

6.125 words per font. Clearly this man is working on a different level from the rest of us and totally thinking outside the box!
MaritalArtist
First Mate
First Mate

Post by MaritalArtist »

I can't wait for the sequel "Chicks For Free".
That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous! Also, a tin teardrop!
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

No. But them are certainly yo-yos.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Oh cool, I see Ken is raising awareness about the problems with slave labour in S.E Asia I presume? Since slavery is actually a punishable crime in the U.K. something which he seems to have overlooked.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

Oh dear, looks like Ken of the Family Shitferbrains has been done for speeding now. When is he going to stop fraternizing with police and courts?
YA I NO Productions
12 January at 16:30 ·

Asking for research
Anyone know what is the statutory limitations period is for the police to prosecute a speeding ticket (England)
longdog

Post by longdog »

Perhaps we can look forward to a sequel... The Great British Speeding Fine Swindle. A two hour exposé of the (second) greatest con ever perpetrated on the British public featuring Dave 'mines-a-pint-o-piss' Murphy and that twat from the Isle of Wight who got dragged out of his car in front of his screaming children.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

I wonder if Kenny finally got caught with his unlicensed van or if this is from an older pinch?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Asking for research
Because 'asking for a friend' would imply he has some?
notorial dissent

I thought Kenny knew all the answerers.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

TheHallouminati wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 am Oh dear, looks like Ken of the Family Shitferbrains has been done for speeding now. When is he going to stop fraternizing with police and courts?
YA I NO Productions
12 January at 16:30 ·

Asking for research
Anyone know what is the statutory limitations period is for the police to prosecute a speeding ticket (England)
If anyone knows more or any better, there is a 6 month limit for an early stage, after that it can take years if needed, IMHO. Is he expecting to take a few years off dead to avoid a ticket? Better not tell him he could be found guilty in his absence, which would lead to the amusing scenario of him keeping his head down for five years only to find he was convicted four years back.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:30 pm If anyone knows more or any better, there is a 6 month limit for an early stage…
For summary offences, charges have to be laid within 6 months. This counts for most traffic offences.

However, there are section 6 exemptions for offences that relate, amongst other things, to having no licence or insurance when the six months starts from the time the prosecutor was aware of the offence.

http://www.driving-law.co.uk/terms/time ... e-you.aspx
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AnOwlCalledSage

I really can't be arsed transcribing it, but Ken is claiming on the Council Tax Is The Work of Satan and All His Little Wizards Facebook page that he is being paid monthly by the DVLA for a small claim court claim he brought against them for illegally registering his vehicle which was in fact registered with one of (he wasn't specific) 13 family trusts he uses to evade the law. Dean Renshaw as Imbecile in General obviously lapped it up, but it left me thinking... chinny reckon!
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Paid monthly by a small claims court? Nope, I don't believe it. I might accept that by some miracle he might have gotten a refund for whatever amount a small claim court can award, but here in the US, a small claims court can only give somewhere between $1,000 and $5,000 depending on the state and any amount that small would surely be settled by a one time payment. Governments don't need to finance it when they give you back your duplicate plate fee.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.