Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by The Observer »

longdog wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm Image
See? You have proven my point already. You spelled "like" wrong. There is no up-thumb in "like."
exiledscouser wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:18 pm:D
Shhhh, we don't want to give obvious answers to longdog. We want him to reach fulfillment by figuring out the answer for himself.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

The Observer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:23 pm
longdog wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm Image
See? You have proven my point already. You spelled "like" wrong. There is no up-thumb in "like."
exiledscouser wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:18 pm:D
Shhhh, we don't want to give obvious answers to longdog. We want him to reach fulfillment by figuring out the answer for himself.
It's not "up thumb like" it's Upthumblike (Prounounced Oop-toom-lick-ee). It's a place in Sweden just down the road from Uppsala you rascist!!!!1!!!1!!!ett!!!!11!!elva!!11!
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

SteveD wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:47 am The resemblance is uncanny...
But Catweasel's schemes were far more successful than the Baron's ever were...
And Catweasel has better grooming...
at least his beard is more neatly trimmed...
Now, I was thinking more that someone should tell him that a part in LOTR as Gandalf is no longer available...

Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

The baron has passed away to the great caravan in the sky, sepsis apparently.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Do you have a link or reference for that, please? I would like some confirmation of closure of this sorry saga. Had he been ignoring medical advice on some issue because of his beliefs?
Edit - someone started a fundraiser for him about 08/04/2021 for health issues ( https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-baron-d ... e=customer )
The implication being that he has passed away in hospital from what has been said there and here.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:47 am Do you have a link or reference for that, please? I would like some confirmation of closure of this sorry saga. Had he been ignoring medical advice on some issue because of his beliefs?
Edit - someone started a fundraiser for him about 08/04/2021 for health issues ( https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-baron-d ... e=customer )
The implication being that he has passed away in hospital from what has been said there and here.

Dave Witcher’s facebook seems to be legit on reading through the comments
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

This appears to be a FB page created by the Baron, and the comments confirm his sad demise.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/798269636907862//
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Yes, I fear it’s true, another Footler has shaken a seven. I can imagine the short memorial statement;

RIP The Baron. Box van for sale.

Ironic that with untold wealth from his many liens at the disposal of his estate they are effectively having to pass the hat.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

They will need the contents of that GoFundMe to cover a funeral. Witcher mentioned sepsis as the cause of death. I wonder how much his van dwelling had affected his physical health.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

RIP Baron, I too wonder how much of this was self-inflicted due to bad life choices.

Shame though, I had EWE as the next to go in my FMOTL Death Pool, Starting to feel he may outlive them all.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 pm Y'all are not going to believe this, but his latest plan is to live to 130, apart from some other achievements. The baron being the baron, he desires to live to 130 mostly to "piss people off" with envy.
I could be your ToyBoy Im 58. Being what people think is old is Brilliant. It is expected that we can be cantanceras and outspoken. This is a new artform for me I also have a mentore. Its another Dave as well. Listen. Im planning my first self life review when I get to 130. Im really going to piss people off when they ask what the secret is. In Fact I might write a Book. Ive discovered that writing is easy. It terns out I wrote 18 Books in two years. J. R. Rowlings cant compeat with that. There is £1.95 Billion in these files you are reading. No auther can compeat with that eather. We will be cashing these in soon. The fun is just starting.
Another unfulfilled promise.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

In response to a post on the BDW Facebook page;
Bobby Scarlett wrote:It appears that Mr Ward contracted Covid-19, ignored all advice to get treatment, developed sepsis - a common side infection caused by Covid. He subsequently died in hospital 2 days after being taken there by friends who had been taking care of him until his condition suddenly declined. A rather sad ending
Which is ironic really as The Baron's last ever act was 9th April this year in which he linked to a YT conspiracy video proclaiming that Covid didn't exist.

His followers are distraught;
Thumbalina Anilabmuth wrote: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, what the hell happened, This cannot be true---whats happened to him, how can he be stable one minute and dead the next!!!!!! im very suspicious...... Baron ward my heart is aching - Im in disbelief!!!!! This is shit, im so angry.....
Others are, as ever, quick to suspect a conspiracy;
Treesa Green wrote: They killed him
Anna C G Keygan wrote: Treesa Green totally agree . I had a sickening feeling when I heard he was in hospital he would not come out of there ! I do not trust the NHS anymore and I’m sorry if it offends anyone by saying such a thing but I’m terrified of having to ever go to hospital again over my asthma as I would not trust the NHS ! Regardless though what a great legacy this Baron David left us
And here's the last word on this;
Nicholas Tomlin wrote: I'd written in another post on learning this very sad information, I'm sure he was either poisoned or microwaved, then had to go to hospital so 'they' could finish him off... have no doubt that 'they' will die in short order as I have wished it on them, as you should too.

I cannot surmise in words here how great David's work is and will be in time, it is just sprouting and bearing early fruit on a tree of knowledge, we shall all pay him homage in time now and to come.
May he be transported from here to a state of great joy and satisfaction, make it so.
Less sprouting, more mere spouting. To my knowlegde no-one has ever succeeded when using the late lamented Baron's methodology, no a one.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:47 pm Others are, as ever, quick to suspect a conspiracy;
Treesa Green wrote: They killed him
Of course... :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:29 pm They will need the contents of that GoFundMe to cover a funeral.
The contents of that GoFundMe will be trousered by whoever set it up.

The local authority will pay for the funeral if no relatives stump up. No idea if he & the Baroness produced any offspring who would pay.
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

hucknallred wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:32 am
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:29 pm They will need the contents of that GoFundMe to cover a funeral.
The contents of that GoFundMe will be trousered by whoever set it up.

The local authority will pay for the funeral if no relatives stump up. No idea if he & the Baroness produced any offspring who would pay.
I hope they don't run into the thing I recently found out about in Ontario where government death benefits are not paid to survivors if there's a GoFundMe.

In the case I'm thinking of it was, in fact, trousered by the unrelated person who started it, too.

David Ward was kind of a terrible person, but ugh. Sepsis is awful.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

MRN wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:52 pm
I hope they don't run into the thing I recently found out about in Ontario where government death benefits are not paid to survivors if there's a GoFundMe.
It's sort of known as a paupers funeral in the UK. Local authority will instruct a funeral director to drive the corpse to the crematorium as cheaply as possible, I'm not sure if there is a service of any sort or straight into the oven.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:30 pm It's sort of known as a paupers funeral in the UK. Local authority will instruct a funeral director to drive the corpse to the crematorium as cheaply as possible, I'm not sure if there is a service of any sort or straight into the oven.
This is not correct (okay, I realise it was probably a facetious comment, but someone from a far shore may read it and believe it to be true).

They are called Public Health Funerals and whilst there is not going to be a publicly funded wake, it must be conducted as the deceased would have wished it. E.G. respecting religious wishes with respect to burial/cremation etc and even taking into account next of kins' wishes, including receipt of the ashes if appropriate. The local authority is entitled to recover costs against the deceased's estate - but not next of kin or friends, so who ever is organising the GoFundME will be able to trouser any cash donated by the stupid, although I suspect this is actually against GofundMe's terms and conditions.

I'm not saying what involvement I may have had in a previous life for the death process... but I did sign off the contract for two brand new cremators!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:54 pm
okay, I realise it was probably a facetious comment
Indeed it was, I bow to your fuller explanation. I was making the point that we don't leave bodies rotting in the UK if nobody can pay. The GoFundMe is tricking idiots into thinking it's imperative they get the cash together.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Laws on burial in the UK are surprisingly flexible. Essentially, providing you meet some basic public health requirements, and complete the paperwork, you can bury a corpse on any land you own.

http://www.naturaldeath.org.uk/index.ph ... ome-burial

Given the nature of their beliefs, it's quite surprising that the FMOTL types haven't taken more advantage of this. Freemen Under The Land?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Perhaps a friend of Baron can actually give him a permanent home in their garden.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.