Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Michael (of Bernicia) Waugh, UK bankster-buster

Post by mufc1959 »

I came across this case today, in which a bunch of litigants tried to cherry-pick those parts of the Bank of Scotland plc vs Waugh case that they thought would help them get their mortgages cancelled.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2022/200.html

It went as well as you'd have expected it to.

Edited to add: The CMC behind the claimants, Mortgage Five Zero Ltd, has two reviews on Trustpilot. I think I know which one wasn't written by an employee of Mortgage Five Zero Ltd... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/mortgagefivezero.co.uk

They're also due to be struck off tomorrow. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4287203
longdog

Post by longdog »

wserra wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:05 am Is Denny's in the UK?
I believe all good play courts are hosted at Wetherspoons.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

M of B wrote:... the Common Law offence of suppressing evidence that is subject to an ongoing criminal investigation by UCT’s international government-free organization, the People’s Foundation for Justice [PFJ] ..
Is there a real Common Law offence remotely resembling this? Or is the idea that you form your own court and define your own offences?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Is Denny's in the UK?
No, not that I've ever seen. Maybe Greggs would serve as a substitute. They're everywhere and I'm a big fan of their Steak Bake.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Maybe Greggs would serve as a substitute.
Have to be a Playmobil court to fit into a Greggs, I'd have thought.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

If Greggs is excluded the most obvious indigenous national chain is my favorite, Pret A manger, but I'd think that a bit pricey for the common law court crowd. Even though it's a pub perhaps Wetherspoons is the better choice.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

perhaps Wetherspoons is the better choice.
Would certainly fit the tofu eating wokerati stereotype of 'Spoons...
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

mufc1959 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:28 pm They're also due to be struck off tomorrow. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4287203
Ooh! A Public Interest Petition. That means the Secretary of State is demanding that they be would up rather just plain old insolvency or inability to trade.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

wserra wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:05 am Is Denny's in the UK?
There is one in Swansea.

https://twitter.com/dennys_dineruk
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

So at least Wales has a proper venue for a common law court. I plan to be there this summer; if I see it I'll check out how authentic it is. Their hash browns aren't as good as Waffle House but that's an impossible standard to beat.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:38 pm So at least Wales has a proper venue for a common law court. I plan to be there this summer; if I see it I'll check out how authentic it is. Their hash browns aren't as good as Waffle House but that's an impossible standard to beat.
Waffle House? The emporium that features a mass donnybrook on a monthly basis? You actually visited one of those and survived? Or did breakfast happen to break out and ruin the main event?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Observer wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:02 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:38 pm So at least Wales has a proper venue for a common law court. I plan to be there this summer; if I see it I'll check out how authentic it is. Their hash browns aren't as good as Waffle House but that's an impossible standard to beat.
Waffle House? The emporium that features a mass donnybrook on a monthly basis? You actually visited one of those and survived? Or did breakfast happen to break out and ruin the main event?
Every time I'm in the southern US I dine at Waffle house as much as possible. They're largely in the southern bible Belt but extend across to Tucson. They do a great job for counter-service fast food and they make the best hash browns anywhere. At least anywhere I've been.

FEMA actually has a Waffle House index which is their unofficial measure of the severity of a hurricane and the scale of assistance that will be necessary for disaster recovery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle_House_Index

As a FEMA official once said;
If you get there and the Waffle House is closed? That's really bad...
— Craig Fugate, Former Head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency
This is because Waffle House is legendary for staying open when all other businesses are forced to close and, if they do close, they are generally the first business in an area to recover and re-open. So people often dine at Waffle house before FEMA can get in emergency assistance.

Sure, they have a bit of a reputation for "mass donnybrooks". I've seen a number of videos of everybody going at it including the staff, but I've not actually seen one in person.

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I think Waffle House is one of the largest employer of felons, which I always think is a great thing. Seems to work for them, as they make a great Waffle and Hash Browns. Just wish there were more up north.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

NYGman wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:19 pm I think Waffle House is one of the largest employer of felons, which I always think is a great thing. Seems to work for them, as they make a great Waffle and Hash Browns. Just wish there were more up north.
That would explain the staff's proficiency at wading into fights.

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

mufc1959 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:28 pm I came across this case today, in which a bunch of litigants tried to cherry-pick those parts of the Bank of Scotland plc vs Waugh case that they thought would help them get their mortgages cancelled.
Very interesting judgement, thank you. Obviously delightful to read the judge’s withering analysis & dismissal of their claims, but it raised a number of other thoughts:

It appears this is their fourth or fifth attempt to replay the same failed points, and the judgement rightly names this as abusive litigation by collateral attack. Several already have GCRO's or other restrictions, but appear to be continuing this course of conduct without sanction.

The Campbells seem to be a central feature, both in this case and the directorship of "Mortgage Five Zero" (referring to five attempts and zero success, I imagine). https://find-and-update.company-informa ... 3/officers

Although presumably now dissolved, Mortgage Five Zero continues to advertise for business. https://www.mortgagefivezero.co.uk/ Their website & 'brochure' appears to promote the same "get a free house" theory, offering advice and professional representation for that purpose. No information is provided about their registration or governance as legal practitioners, financial advisors etc. The company's registered base (Dalton House) is merely an accommodation address. Shaun Campbell, and his fragrant missus Natalie, appear to be the eminent greases behind this.

If my casual googling can be relied upon, Yolanda Blicharz‑Szmid was already subject to a GCRO for other reasons. Perhaps related that her own limited company "YBS Solutions" was struck-off last year? https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/comp ... utions-ltd

I'm sorry that I can't draw these fragments into a pithy conclusion, but I have the strong feeling that this published judgement is the 'tip of the iceberg'.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

By addendum to above, I have just serendipitously noted another case involving Mortgage Five Zero. Significantly, this dates back to June 2018, and MFZ have remained involved throughout the disastrous litigation. Their "client" Mr Kehinde Odukoya has lost his family home, and earned an ECRO.

https://caselaw.nationalarchives.gov.uk ... h/2023/441
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

Is there a real Common Law offence remotely resembling this (the Common Law offence of suppressing evidence )?
You will no doubt be shocked to your boots to learn there isn't. There is an offence of perverting the course of justice, and it is common law, and factually it could be committed by suppressing evidence, e.g. a police officer concealing exculpatory evidence. But it's not at all the same thing - for that offence you have to have a formal justice process whose course has been perverted, such as a police investigation or a trial. The "offence" he's describing consists of publishers such as Facebook taking down his stuff on their platform.

In this context "common law", instead of meaning "of great antiquity or judge-made" means "made up by me". Because of course it does.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

the Common Law offence of suppressing evidence that is subject to an ongoing criminal investigation by UCT’s international government-free organization, the People’s Foundation for Justice
As written, a legally minded pedant might point out that the 'offence' is very specific, in that the suppression has to be related to a 'criminal investigation' by the PFJ, and thus it is unlikely to have existed since the days of Merrie England.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

John Uskglass wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:36 am by the PFJ
People's front of Judea?
longdog

Post by longdog »

SPLITTERS!
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?