Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by SteveUK »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:18 am
aesmith wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 am Not necessarily gone bust they may have sold on their portfolio and got out of the mortgage business.
Or it could be UK Asset Resolution who took over the mortgage books of Northern Rock and Bradford and Bingley. Over the years they have been selling off parts of the asset book. For example in 2017 they sold off the buy-to-let book to Prudential. In April this year they sold off more mortgages and unsecured loans to Citi. They have £8bn left to get rid off, down from the original liability of £116Bn.
Looking back through his warped FB feed, there's quite a few videos aimed at Lloyd's and how they are doing the usual evil acts that banisters get upto. Clearly Lloyd's didn't fold. Perhaps he's just lying.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

SteveUK wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:37 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:18 am
aesmith wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:49 am Not necessarily gone bust they may have sold on their portfolio and got out of the mortgage business.
Or it could be UK Asset Resolution who took over the mortgage books of Northern Rock and Bradford and Bingley. Over the years they have been selling off parts of the asset book. For example in 2017 they sold off the buy-to-let book to Prudential. In April this year they sold off more mortgages and unsecured loans to Citi. They have £8bn left to get rid off, down from the original liability of £116Bn.
Looking back through his warped FB feed, there's quite a few videos aimed at Lloyd's and how they are doing the usual evil acts that banisters get upto. Clearly Lloyd's didn't fold. Perhaps he's just lying.
Did they used to own a second tier mortgage lender? Lots of banks and Building Societies did 20-30 years ago.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Just had a flick through PLD. In response to someone moaning about a fine coming straight out their account, Dave says he'd love to have a loan, just so he can refuse to repay it of course.
Lee Daniel I went max on my overdraft then stopped using the bank at all . That was my compensation . £2000 . If you use their system and their title you really don't do yourself any favours.

David Robinson
David Robinson You have lawful excuse to do that too....I wish the bank would give me a loan i'd do that also.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I dunno about your laws, but that looks like an admission to Bank and Wire Fraud to me in the US.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:06 pm I dunno about your laws, but that looks like an admission to Bank and Wire Fraud to me in the US.
We don't have wire fraud as an offence but taking out a loan with the intent of never paying it back is certainly common-or-garden fraud.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:46 am We don't have wire fraud as an offence but taking out a loan with the intent of never paying it back is certainly common-or-garden fraud.
The usual IANAL applies, but you are quite right. Taking out a loan and failing to make payments would be a civil matter. Taking out a loan without any intention to pay any of it is criminal fraud. Proving it to a criminal standard would usually be difficult.

But if some moron were to, say for the sake of a hypothetical argument, plaster his intent to not pay any of it back all over Facebook, even the CPS couldn't muck that one up!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

I've never been one for credit myself, aside from a now paid off mortgage, a 1998 Ford Orion 1.6LX & a Video Recorder on 10 months interest free from Comet. So I don't know what UK banks offer in the way of overdrafts, but £2k seems a lot.
I suspect he ran it up as far as possible & a load of fess have been added with interest.

Of course he is now screwed if he ever wants to borrow again, or take out a mobile phone contract.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I don't imagine any reputable bank is going offer credit to Dippy Dave in any case.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:08 am So I don't know what UK banks offer in the way of overdrafts, but £2k seems a lot.
Not really. Mine's more than double that. All depends on credit history.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Oh dear. Reginald Austin pours his heart out to the PLD faithful;

Reg wrote:What action do you think I'm best taking regarding this. I into a one way street the correct way the one way sign had been turned around facing the wrong way and I didn't see it I drove into the street about 40 yards turned my car around and parked up then went around the corner to use an ATM
Seems an honest mistake almost anyone could make. The tale continues;
Awful Austin wrote:When I returned to my car the police were there at my car because they have a marker on my car because I stand up for my rights and don't comply to their authority, I was asked "is this your car" I said yes you know it's my car what's the problem, he said have you got any id, I said yes and he asked to see it, am I obliged to show you he said yes I asked him on what grounds am I obliged he said for driving the wrong way up a one way street
Ahhh, time to eat a little humble pie, "I'm so sorry officer, someone has turned the sign round - there, look! An easy mistake-a-to-make-a".

But no. He won't go that route, our Reg is made of sterner stuff.

And of course, a "but no" indeed or this wouldn't have been worth posting.
Austin (no) Powers wrote:I told him I'm not driving I've just walked around the corner and you was here I'm not even in the car so how can you say that he said because your car is facing the wrong way
Having admitted that he'd come the wrong way in the first place he tries a different approach;
I explained I come in the road the correct way and turned my car around I didn't see a one way sign but now I know I'll turn around and go out the correct way
But the damage had already been done. Rightly or wrongly Reg is of the view that there is a 'special marker' on his vehicle warning plod that it might contain a fuckwit. If you believed that then there's no way you'd be putting yourself on offer every time Merseyside's Finest were to hove into view.

This particular Plod was in no mood for a gobby twat who, by his own admission does not "comply to (sic) their authority". But comply he did as the officer;
was adamant he wanted my id and If I didn't show him he was going to arrest me. I was handcuffed and he went through my pockets took my wallet out of my pocket went through it and took my licence out put me in their car and wrote a ticket out with my details from my licence ignoring my protests then he de-arrested me and let me out of the car then as he drove off I realised he'd taken my car key from my pocket I had to run after him to ask him for my key's which he found funny. Now I've received this letter in the post
The letter is a reminder to cough up the £50. Our tale ends rather sorrowfully;
I didn't sign anything and tried to complain but couldn't find a police station open at the time.
Bloody police cut-backs!

An abject lesson in how to successfully talk your way into a ticket via a nicking, stuffed and cuffed to boot. The fine stands at £50 at the moment but our Reg is clearly on a path to escalate it well into the hundreds. As Brucie used to say on Play Your Cards Right, "Higher, Higher?"

Sage advise follows. Having admitted the matter on a public forum Jake advises Reg to;
Say it wasnt you. Get new plates off ebay. Get your roof wrapped
A great bit of advice. Even Dismal Dave is weary of the fuckwittery;
Dismal Dave wrote:Is that how you think we operate in this group?
Jake however has the ever proportionate response to a minor traffic matter;'
shame we dont hang for treason no more. Never too 'important' to be hung for treason
This thread is just starting to gather pace.
ArthurWankspittle

Say it wasnt you. Get new plates off ebay. Get your roof wrapped
:brickwall:
Does he think the "marker" on the car is painted on the roof?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

I suspect that tale of woe is not 100% accurate.... I know.... Shocking innit?

I think it's day one, lesson one at police school when they ask the question "Does a police officer have the right to see ID in the UK?" and the answer is "No".

A police officer does however have the right to ask any driver for their name, address and date of birth and refusal to give details is an arrestable offence. I think he's either confused or fibbing.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I into a one way street the correct way the one way sign had been turned around facing the wrong way
Yes, one of those cartoon signs where Boris Badenov spins it 180 degrees, and it has the exact same message printed on the other side, with the arrow pointing the other way.
Last edited by TheNewSaint on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Reg is of the view that there is a 'special marker' on his vehicle warning plod that it might contain a fuckwit. If you believed that then there's no way you'd be putting yourself on offer every time Merseyside's Finest were to hove into view.
Bit of a logical flaw there. It does contain a fuckwit who demonstrates this by putting himself on offer, just as promised.
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

I told him I'm not driving I've just walked around the corner and you was here I'm not even in the car so how can you say that he said because your car is facing the wrong way
The original incident is proof enough of fuckwittery, but he gets bonus points for being prepared to put his idiocy on display for all the world to see. The rest of us would have kept schtum about being the subject of such a humiliating put down.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

As with most of these morons, there’s more to the story then he is telling; of that, I am sure.

David Robinson wants to hang the police still I see, but he’s the first one to run to them for support for his “Lobby the Bobby” crap.

Have they sieged Jolyon’s house yet?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Prepare yourself for the most ironic eviction ever.

:lol: :lol:

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

That's cute.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle

I'd be more worried that there's some old laws still on the books where interfering with the Royal Mint gets your head on pikestaff on a London bridge.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

It was the former Royal Mint, not the actual one.