Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Practical Lawful Dissent FMOTL antics, continued...

Post by Burnaby49 »

I thought moving away from the stubbies was a totally idiotic decision. They were environmentally and economically ideal. But, given how much political power the breweries (not the Canadian majors, they were happy with the economics of the stubbies, but the free trade interlopers) were acquiring the change to an unregulated bottle was probably inevitable.

A personal disclosure here. My boozing friend and I were making our own beer at that time and had probably had well over 200 dozen stubbies on hand. We brewed our own beer, a lot of beer, and aged it in the bottle a long time, generally over a year. But the changeover meant a limited time period to return them to the Liquor Control Board for a refund for what we'd paid for them. Since craft beers were finally coming into the market and giving us a reasonable alternative to our home-brew we returned all our stubbies and stopped brewing.

A damning indictment on the quality of Canadian beer. The crap we brewed in my basement (and it was by current standards crap) was, in our opinion, better quality beer than whatever Molsens or Carlings was putting out. We didn't brew beer to save money but because Canadian beer was shit.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by JimUk1 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:50 am
A damning indictment on the quality of Canadian beer. The crap we brewed in my basement (and it was by current standards crap) was, in our opinion, better quality beer than whatever Molsens or Carlings was putting out. We didn't brew beer to save money but because Canadian beer was shit.
Moose Head isn’t too bad. I’ve drank copious amounts of the stuff at the Maple Leaf in Covent Garden on trips to London.

The worst North American beer they keep trying to bring out over here and it consistently fails is Bud Light. It’s about £3.50 for a 4 pack and even seasoned alcoholics can’t palate the stuff.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

JimUk1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:28 amThe worst North American beer they keep trying to bring out over here and it consistently fails is Bud Light. It’s about £3.50 for a 4 pack and even seasoned alcoholics can’t palate the stuff.

Always reminds me of that joke.

Q: What's does American beer and sex in a canoe have in common?
A: They are both F*****g close to water
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

JimUk1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:28 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:50 am
Moose Head isn’t too bad. I’ve drank copious amounts of the stuff at the Maple Leaf in Covent Garden on trips to London.

The worst North American beer they keep trying to bring out over here and it consistently fails is Bud Light. It’s about £3.50 for a 4 pack and even seasoned alcoholics can’t palate the stuff.
The only good use for Bud Light is as targets at an outdoor rifle range -- when the bullets hit, the cans explode nicely. It tastes like weasel whizz. The same goes for Coors Light and Miller Lite.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

NYGman wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 am
JimUk1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:28 amThe worst North American beer they keep trying to bring out over here and it consistently fails is Bud Light. It’s about £3.50 for a 4 pack and even seasoned alcoholics can’t palate the stuff.

Always reminds me of that joke.

Q: What's does American beer and sex in a canoe have in common?
A: They are both F*****g close to water
There’s some good beers state side for sure.

When I’ve been in Nevada and Arizona I’ve always managed to find one called Joesph James. The trouble is you, just like Portuguese and their red wine, don’t export the good stuff.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:50 am A damning indictment on the quality of Canadian beer. The crap we brewed in my basement (and it was by current standards crap) was, in our opinion, better quality beer than whatever Molsens or Carlings was putting out. We didn't brew beer to save money but because Canadian beer was shit.
To be brutally honest, the worst beer I have ever drunk was in the early 1970s in Vancouver. There was a national brewery strike and all that was available was totally unknown local beer that if it tasted of anything was worse that Molson's, O'Keefe's or Labatt. It was even worse than the stuff the Champion of the Thames used to keep back for the King Street Run*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Street,_Cambridge
and that really is saying something!

TheRambler

*I do have the tie but there is little opportunity to wear it these days.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

My son works for Trillium Brewing Company of Boston, one of the top craft breweries in the US. He has done well, even during the pandemic.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

To be brutally honest, the worst beer I have ever drunk was in the early 1970s in Vancouver. There was a national brewery strike and all that was available was totally unknown local beer that if it tasted of anything was worse that Molson's, O'Keefe's or Labatt. It was even worse than the stuff the Champion of the Thames used to keep back for the King Street Run*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Street,_Cambridge
and that really is saying something!
You nailed it exactly! That 1975 strike was the only reason I started brewing beer. When the strike ended the breweries flooded the market with undrinkable vile swill. Even by the standards of Canadian beer at the time it was abysmal stuff. Keep in mind that at that time I was in my mid-twenties and had really just started my beer drinking career. I'd drunk nothing but Canadian garbage, not even a pint of English bitter but, even so, after my first sip of post-strike beer I reeled back in disgust and told my friend (same guy I still pub with today), that even we could probably brew better. I had no idea whatever how to brew beer but I was right. As poor as our homebrew was it was better than whatever Molson's or Labatts was trying to pass off as a drinkable beverage. We brewed for 25 years by which time the vast increase in quality and variety of commercial beers made our efforts redundant. When we started brewing beer the only available venues were huge soulless barns which, under law, could only sell one beer, a Canadian lager from the big three. When the law eventually allowed for real competition these massive beer parlours quickly became nothing more than memories and the selections in the pubs that replaced them was overwhelming.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 pm My son works for Trillium Brewing Company of Boston, one of the top craft breweries in the US. He has done well, even during the pandemic.
At least in Vancouver the two business's that have thrived during the pandemic are takeout pizza and liquor stores.

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

JimUk1 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:36 pm
When I’ve been in Nevada and Arizona I’ve always managed to find one called Joesph James. The trouble is you, just like Portuguese and their red wine, don’t export the good stuff.
When i left Tucson in 2000, several sports bars were converting themselves into brewpubs. I recall one of them installed a two storey vertical vat in their atrium. Since i don't drink alcohol, i have no idea if the beer was any good, though.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

In 2015 I spent two days hitting the brewpubs in central Tucson. Don't remember one meeting your description but I might have been there.

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I'm taking a break from practicing my fermentation skills - not beer but I'm a carrier of a recessive gene in our family known as the sauerkraut gene so I thought I should get around to posting the tale of Joel Viau.
Burnaby49 made this remark in another thread regarding Jacquie:
Unfortunately for the voyeuristic pleasure of our British readers these fools tend to file their litigation in Alberta's courts, the only Canadian court system I'm aware of that is willing and eager to treat them with prompt brutal efficiency.
Oddly enough it seems the Ontario Courts are now following Alberta's lead. This is the typical Sovereign saga, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I got interested in this case because as a callow youth I had the pleasure of residing in North Bay. Normally the only thing interesting about North Bay is that there are no interesting things about North Bay, after all when you have to drive two hours to Sudbury to find a decent bar that sums it up pretty well.
Anyways, let us begin this nautical tale, regarding one Joel Viau. From his facebook page, which went dead early this year due to his incarcaration he appears to be your typical Canadian who is ripe for believing in Article 61 woo – chemtrails, flat earther, anti-vaxxer, issues with his child, and likes guns. He also likes boats and must have had a decent job to afford the one that he owns and has used to make trips all the way from North Bay to Montreal.
https://www.facebook.com/joel.viau.7
Jacquie posted this in July:
We have a Canadian Brother in Arms who Urgently Needs our Help and Support. He has been Unlawfully Kidnapped by the Regime. I am asking that ALL group members under Oath of Article 61 Throughout the Commonwealth send this Letter of Support on his behalf to the Attorney General of Canada.
And why was Joel kidnapped?
Jacquie Phoenix Chantal Nicole Haegeman under Common Law we only have 4 tenants to follow do no harm, cause no loss commit no fraud and keep the peace. The closest they can get to a Common Law crime would be breaching the peace and even that would be hard to prove. He simply had a party in his house boat in the middle of a lake. Breaching the Peace would be extremely hard to prove.

Chantal Nicole Haegeman Jacquie Phoenix this is outrageous
Good God. They playing with fire.
She even has generated a letter of support to be sent complete with appropriate threats:
Maybe you need to be reminded that I/we have LAWFUL EXCUSE to distress YOU in anyway we see fit except to harm your person physically, which we would not do as the Common Law prohibits us to do so but, do not think that we cannot BY LAW seize ALL of your personal assets, take over the so called court and MAKE DETERMINED DEMANDS UPON THE POLICE TO ARREST YOU AND YOUR COCONSPIRATORS FOR YOUR EVIDENTIAL CRIMINALITY.
Obviously a case of Maritime Law here so poor Joel may be out of luck. Short musical interlude with appropriate piratical theme:

So what did Joel's little party entail:
As a result of the investigation, Joel Viau, 41, of Powassan is charged with careless use of a firearm, breach of firearms regulation – insecure firearms (15 counts), possession of a restricted weapon at unauthorized place (two counts), possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine (two counts), possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine (two counts), possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – other drugs (two counts), possession of prohibited or restricted firearm/ammunition (four counts), possession of a Schedule I substance cocaine, and possession of a Schedule II substance – cannabis marijuana, over 30 grams.
OK, we've got the guns, we've got the drugs, I'm assuming there was appropriate companionship of the opposite sex.
:sarcasmon: Joel made one big mistake, he thought he could fight it in a Court of Maritime Law which meant that he accepted their jurisdiction:
Joel Viau Here’s the thing Jacquie,I feel as though I’m stuck in the court system. According to Bill Thornton, as soon as he fights charges he makes a counter counter claim against the plaintiff which puts an estoppel to there claim. I asked the clerk at the court what the process is for a counter claim and I was told that it’s not possible in a criminal matter. I’m two weeks away from my trial date and I’m looking for as many tools as I can that’ll work in my favour
As expected, things didn't go too well for our hero.
This was one of the replies I received after serving the crown my affidavit of conditional acceptance.
I had also served them with prior affidavits, that’s why there’s references to statutes. The ironic part is this prosecutor says that i’m not taking regard to modern Canadian statutes... which is a complete lie. She also didn’t reply to my affidavits with an affidavit, it’s only a signed statement. An affidavit can only be rebutted by another affidavit point by point.
He was out on bail awaiting sentencing and this happened (from his mother's post):
Jo's mom here. Jo was picked up for delivering an informative document to the Crown attorney. He wrote the document another guy delivered it. The guy sent a sworn letter to the judge saying he delivered it. The judge wouldn't consider it and sent him back to jail. I sent the judge and 2 da's the notice of conditional acceptance. They didn't like it and transfered him to Lindsey jail. They are still going to get the rest of the papers. The Da also lied and said Jo delivered it personally and intimidated her. The other guys sworn paper means nothing in the courts. Great system.
Hmm, so Joel had a friend deliver an “informative document” using the language of the Letter of Support. Can we say FAIL? Unusual in this case, the Crown said “Intimidation of a Justice System Participant”, bail revoked, off to Remand you go. I suspect that Ontario has learned from Alberta.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 pm Did you somehow miss this?

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 1f5167a49d
Yep, completely missed it. Embarrassing, I should've realised you would've covered this. Thank you for the write-up in the other thread!
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:18 am In 2015 I spent two days hitting the brewpubs in central Tucson. Don't remember one meeting your description but I might have been there.
I think it was canned when I found it in Arizona, the brewery itself is in LV, which is where I found my all time favourite bar outside of Europe and surprisingly it wasn’t on the main strip or the old one-http://atomic.vegas/

Until I found Atomic, I’d have recommended Bojangles in Alice Springs.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

eric wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pmMAKE DETERMINED DEMANDS UPON THE POLICE
Not the DETERMINED DEMANDS! Why, that's right up there with the SOFT CUSHIONS and the COMFY CHAIR!

They're in trouble now.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'd say that my favorite dump is the El Patio in Mesilla New Mexico. In 2008, while driving back to Vancouver from Pensacola Florida (8,000 mile road trip), I spent a night in Mesilla in order to get drunk at the El Patio.

https://www.facebook.com/el.patio.376/

JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:42 am I'd say that my favorite dump is the El Patio in Mesilla New Mexico. In 2008, while driving back to Vancouver from Pensacola Florida (8,000 mile road trip), I spent a night in Mesilla in order to get drunk at the El Patio.

https://www.facebook.com/el.patio.376/
That makes any road trip look pathetic.

When I worked in Bavaria (when LTU was still an airline), I (me and my work mate) drove for 17 hours straight from Chester via Dover, Luxembourg, such is the smallness of Europe, just so on the way home (short 3 week repair contact) We could bring back back 4 crates (48 bottles) of Augustiner, it was like rocking horse shit at the time (2003). The worst thing was we had an apartment in Erding, and the locals were a bit p*****d we weren’t stocking up on the local wheat beer, which on a side note, is a fantastic beer, and the town is close to Salzburg too (another great beer town in Austria).

I very much doubt any of our Freeman hero’s will be visiting when they have their privileges revoked soon enough.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:41 am
eric wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:43 pmMAKE DETERMINED DEMANDS UPON THE POLICE
Not the DETERMINED DEMANDS! Why, that's right up there with the SOFT CUSHIONS and the COMFY CHAIR!

They're in trouble now.
Well,if they listen to the Right Rev. Belanger, they could only improve their chances by being SINCERE when making those DETERMINED DEMANDS.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

The PLD have got it into their heads that Facebook is going to shut their group down on 1st October. So now looking for another platform, free of course. In the expected inept manner this is going round in circles with people suggesting different platforms, or suggesting the same ones again and again. I rather treasure this comment regarding one platform that doesn't support file uploads.
Nick Skelton If they won't let you upload files is it worth putting them on notice?
Juisarian
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Juisarian »

It's as good an idea as anything else they've come up with.