Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by aesmith »

The Telegram group is still alive and well.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

“But, what isn’t free, are the meters that the energy companies provide us with. That is what we are enticed into a contractual agreement with.

“It is your right as a UK citizen to supply your own meters, as long as they are installed safe and correctly, and that they are up to British standards.
Even if what they are saying is true (and I seriously doubt that it is), what would that get them?

I'm sure that "installed safe and correctly" means that, among other things, ALL electricity or water flowing into the building is measured. No bypasses of the meter are allowed.

Further, I'm sure that "up to British standards" means, among other things, that the meters accurately record the electricity or water used.

So, if their replacement meters are "installed safe and correctly" and are "up to British standards", they will give the same results, and therefore the same billing as the previously installed meters provided by the local gas or water utility company.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

You can provide your own electricity meter but need prior permission from your supplier.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

No-one anywhere explains what is the point of a meter, (defined as "an apparatus for automatically measuring the volume of gas that passes through a pipe, more generally: any apparatus for automatically measuring the quantity of something passing through it") if it's not to fix the amount of the bill. This is one which doesn't depend on an impressive amount of gobbledegook, it just depends on people believing what they want to believe.
longdog

Post by longdog »

SpearGrass wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:33 pm No-one anywhere explains what is the point of a meter, (defined as "an apparatus for automatically measuring the volume of gas that passes through a pipe, more generally: any apparatus for automatically measuring the quantity of something passing through it") if it's not to fix the amount of the bill. This is one which doesn't depend on an impressive amount of gobbledegook, it just depends on people believing what they want to believe.
Indeed. I've tried explaining to people on The Facesbook that it makes as much sense as thinking you could take your own checkout into Tesco and then pay yourself for the shopping. None whatsoever. This of course got the usual blocks and accusations of being a paid shill.

The whole thing is so insane that it doesn't just require an inability to understand how the law works but an inability to understand how reality works.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

No-one anywhere explains what is the point of a meter, ...if it's not to fix the amount of the bill.
With gas, the meter generally gets installed with a regulator to ensure the supply is at the correct pressure. Most people would see them as one piece of equipment.

With electricity there's no direct equivalent to the regulator, but I guess that the wiring might feel as if it's safe if you swap the meter rather than bypass it.
(Narrator - It isn't)

If you're a grifter, selling 'free' meters, I guess that the swap out helps convince the mark that the job was worth the money they paid, and that everything's nice and safe.
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

The inevitable outcome. This person explains that she paid £250 to have her private meters installed and asks who is going to pay.

longdog

Post by longdog »

Larry Spoons wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:08 am The inevitable outcome. This person explains that she paid £250 to have her private meters installed and asks who is going to pay.
Rhetorical question? :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
carobee57
Swabby
Swabby

Post by carobee57 »

Everybody get down to Exeter on 26th for a day of absolute Batshit craziness !! Exeter must fall!!
longdog

Post by longdog »

Is that the 'take down' that's going to feature the appearance of the sui juris quantum sheriff? :haha:
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

Everybody get down to Exeter on 26th for a day of absolute Batshit craziness !! Exeter must fall!!
Anyone know who this is? And what her backstory is?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:57 pm The whole thing is so insane that it doesn't just require an inability to understand how the law works but an inability to understand how reality works.
If it's now a prepayment meter that was installed no payment at all would set off all kinds of alerts in the billing system if they installed a new meter for another £250 :lol:

I get the desperation that some will have, but most of these videos are not from that section of the population. I've said it before, but in the UK inability to pay is taken into account in the County Courts. Willful refusal to pay, not so much. Add to that criminal intent and it won't end well.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Everybody get down to Exeter on 26th for a day of absolute Batshit craziness !!
She's had a whole 22 views on YT so far! At two points she appears to endorse armed attacks on the police which is a bit foolish to say the least.

Incidentally, both this crazy lady and the gas meter one appear to have some odd belief about refugees being somehow involved in things but I can't quite work out what it is they're supposed to be doing. Anyone seen anything else along these lines in FMOTL mythology?
Larry Spoons
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Larry Spoons »

If you take a look at the likes of Wayne Fox on Facebook (it's funny for the first ten minutes), you will see that the latest from the lunatic fringe is that the people crossing the channel in small boats are in fact UN soldiers being smuggled into Britain to suppress the people.

The theory goes on that 'they' will send the British Army to fight in Ukraine so that the UN soldiers can have their way

I kid you not
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

the people crossing the channel in small boats are in fact UN soldiers
I'm old enough to remember when the UN could afford black helicopters.
longdog

Post by longdog »

You're not supposed to mention the bl**k he**copters!
carobee57
Swabby
Swabby

Post by carobee57 »

Well after a bit of argy bargy and and a fair amount of shouting about section 33 and community law courts plus one arrest Exeter is still standing!!
longdog

Post by longdog »

Any news on the common-law quantum sheriff?
carobee57
Swabby
Swabby

Post by carobee57 »

I think this is her in the second half of this video. She says she is running the community law courts whatever they are.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Ah... Another play-court.

That'll learn 'em. :mrgreen: